Sunday, June 5, 2011

Its been awhile!





It has been awhile since I last posted. Well most of these pictures are from Memorial Day weekend. I went up to Beaver, Utah with my friend Courtney Noorda and her family plus 2 more friends. I had an absolute blast! When we got there I discovered that my dentist owned the cabin down the road. He helped us bring our stuff up to our cabin. Then the next day he ate breakfast and dinner with us. It was really weird! Anyway my dentist actually took us on a ride in his commander and it was a lot of fun! Then we also went sledding and there was a lot of falling involved. I rolled through the mud a couple times bailing off the sled. Later in the day Courtney's parents went on a ride in the commander so we came up with a plan to stage our own kidnapping. We messed up the cabin, wrote a ransom note and left the cabin leaving the door open behind us. They didnt believe us at all but it was still fun. Oh and we almost died that day. We were driving around in the expedition and we got stuck, while we were trying to get out we almost backed off the edge of a cliff. I was a little scared but Courtney was freaking out and it was kind of funny! On Sunday we went on another ride in the commander and we fit SEVEN people in it, it's only a two passenger vehicle with a very tiny trunk. When Courtney's parents and took the two little boys on a ride in the commander, leaving us alone, we played games and fun stuff like that! When her parents came back the six girls all hid in a one-person shower but they found us! The six girls also all fit on one bed and on one couch! Monday morning we woke up to a blanket of snow covering anything and the girls tried to convince the parents that we were gonna be snowed in but most of it melted before we even left. We went sledding that morning after breakfast and it was hilarious! We "surfed" in the snow and we all fell when we tried. On the way back home we stopped in St. George and ate at a place called Five Guys and it was pretty good. They handed out free peanuts and we had a peanut fight! It was awesome! The whole weekend was amazing. This past week I won two awards! In seminary I won the "Beast award" for being strong, fearless, tough, and all around beastly. Thats what it said on the certificate it also said, "She can win any competition or game, especially if it's softball. She also has the ability of fitting six people anywhere." I told my seminary class about my trip to Beaver. At the sotball banquet I won the "Spirt of theMustang" award in recognition of my outstanding leadership, spirit, and attitude in women's softball. I am getting a plaque for it tomorrow. Well I have to go. I have to study for my finals. Last week of school though and family reunion this weekend!




Cassidy and Caitlyn



Marien and Chelsey



Chelsey and I




The blanket of snow




My name in the snow



Me "surfing"




Top: Caitlyn and Cassidy


Middle: Chelsey and Marien


Bottom: Kylea and Courtney




We took tons of pictures to get this right




Courtney and I in the commander




The six girls, my dentist, and Cory at dinner




Me shooting a 22 caliber rifle




Courtney and I in the back of the commander




Me and Courtney in the famous Beaver rocking chair!



Me on Ranch dressing day at school! I braided my hair and wore my brothers button up shirt.


0 comments:

backround